In honor of the Minnesota State Fair being open, our hostess chose the Things on a Stick theme 🙂
Here are the courses that people brought –
- Appetizer: Lettuce wraps with grilled skewered zucchini and marinated tofu. Served with cucumber and red pepper matchsticks soaked in rice vinegar, sugar and garlic; bean sprouts sauteed in tamari.
- Side: Salad on a stick – mozzarella and grape tomato skewers served in a cup with fresh pesto. Polenta bites served with creamy cumin dipping sauce.
- Side: Grilled tomatoes stuffed with chunky artichoke pesto
- Main: Herbed Lamb kabobs and Spiced Chicken kabobs
- Dessert: Cheesecake pops and bananas on a stick
Here are the photos from our great summer night!
Hopefully I can wrangle up some of the recipes from the evening and post them here.